Friday, August 13, 2010

Jogging at the Cemetery Part II (featuring the 19th Century Church)

You may find it odd, but I find cemeteries fascinating. This started when I did my twice-a-week-running for the first time inside Campo Santo de La Loma. I love looking at those beautiful mausoleums and old tombs, and I even enjoy reading tomb writings. After years of living in Kalookan (I was born and grew up there), it was only then I discovered this 18th Century Church at the middle of the cemetery.
From the 2nd Floor of our house, you can see the dome of the church, but eversince I thought this was just one of those churches around the area. I just found out recently, that it is the top dome of the old church dated 1884. I just learned also (after visiting several pages from the net about this church)that the area where the church is situated was a battlefield during the Philippine-American war.
Amazing!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home