Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Me!




I won't reveal my age today. I stopped counting when I reached 29 and besides, I also forget how old i am sometimes. Whenever October comes, I always feel a lot of pressure, it seems another year will start in my life and yet, I dont feel like I've accomplished anything. I always cannot welcome another year.
Yesterday, I celebrated my birthday with my hubby. We had dinner at Galileo Enoteca (an expensive Italian restaurant). When we were having our dinner, I suddenly realized, before, I cant afford this kind of meal. Now, I can buy this dinner for my hubby with my own money!
After having our dinner, we went to Sgt. Esguerra Ave. to have a night out with the San Sebastian Recollect Dance Troupe. This is the after the fact of their Skechers Street Dance Battle competition. Heads up: I was the President of SSRDT WAAAAY back in college. It is one of the most prestigious organization in San Sebastian.
I had the chance to have a bonding with some of the alumni. We shared nostalgic stories and they also told me that there's one person that they respect a lot because they consider that "one" person who had the greatest contribution in building the SSRDT. And it was me. One alumni even confessed I was his "idol". And much to my surprise, I felt the warm respect of the new generation of the SSRDT towards me. They served me and my hubby with our drinks and some of the new batch of members paid respect by introducing themselves to me. The other faces I dont recognize knows my name, and I heard someone saying, "It's Kuya Jon, the legendary Kuya Jon!" It was then I realized, my name will be forever associated with SSRDT.

These are the things that made me change what I feel about growing old. That I should not feel bad for still not having what I want in my life--- my dream house, my dream car, my dream lifestyle. That I should be more thankful that I accomplished some things so early in my life, and I forgot about them because I was so busy thinking on how to get those things I dont have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home